Calling all gym goers! The staple chicken, veg and rice doesn't have to be boring - and Sammy from Sammy's Kitchen proves it with this tasty chicken and veg recipe, which is ideal for a post-workout protein hit or simple lunch.
- 2 spring onions or 1 small white onion
- 2 inch piece of root ginger, peeled
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 chicken/turkey breasts (use Quorn fillets for a vegetarian-friendly alternative)
- 4tsbp soy sauce or tamarind if gluten free
- Chilli flakes
- Favourite veg - Sammy suggests broccoli, red pepper, baby corn, carrots, sugar snaps, courgette, mushrooms or spinach
- Fresh coriander
- Finely chop the spring onion and add to a wok. Grate in the ginger and garlic. Dice the chicken and add to the pan along with a little coconut oil, the soy sauce and chilli flakes to taste. Cook on a medium/high heat for about 7 minutes or until the meat has changed colour and the onions are starting to caramelise.
- Meanwhile, prepare the veg by chopping it into strips. Add to the pan according to cooking time and allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes until soft.
- While the veg is cooking, finely chop up the coriander and mix in once all the veg is cooked. Add any other flavours.
- Serve up with some rice or pop in an Igluu Meal Prep Container ready for lunch or a quick dinner on the go.
Igluu meal prep containers are available to buy on our website.
Hinterlassen Sie einen Kommentar